Receive Change for Change
Email News Updates
May 22, 2012
Our Drexel Chapter is holding a Cupcake Wars event!
• May 21st-23rd - Team Registration Extension
• May 23rd, 6:00PM – 6:30PM Creese Conference Room C – Drexel Cupcake Wars Team Meeting to review rules and answer questions
• June 1st, 2012 9:30 AM – 2 PM – Drexel Cupcake Wars!!!
How it works/ Rules:
• 2 -5 people per team
• Teams have full creative responsibility. This means you have the power to determine the type(s) of cupcakes you bake and sell, the quantity of cupcakes, set prices, decide how you decorate or theme your table and cupcakes, and your team name. Please remember that the selling time period is only 4 and half hours (9:30 AM -2 PM).
• Set up time is at 9:00 AM. You will be provided a table and the selling period will promptly begin at 9:30 AM and end at 2:00 PM.
• The winner will be determined by whichever team raises the most money for our non-profit beneficiaries. Again emphasizing the creative element for this fundraiser, the winner will be whoever makes the most money and not whoever sells the most cupcakes. So you have full creative ability to design, market and price your cupcakes accordingly. Have fun with it!
• Prizes will include gift certificates/prize packages from local businesses and bakeries and the title as the Winner of the Drexel Cupcake Wars until next year!
• It is a Drexel rule that all baked goods must be individually wrapped therefore each cupcake must be in some kind of container or plastic wrap. (We are working on finding a way to avoid you having to wrap each one so bear with us for now)
• All cupcakes must be home made. If you purchase cupcakes and resell them you will be disqualified.